Tuesday 20 May 2008

Tilda & Co...Beads



Hello!!!
I thought I should get cracking with this weeks Tilda & Co challenge,they want us to beads on our designs,so I came up with an idea!!!!
I got some unbleached cotton material,stamped Tilda with stazon,then painted her with distress inks,popped her into conservatory to dry & when I went back to get her all the colours had all mingled together,like a bit of a rainbow effect.After studying her for a while,she didn't look too bad,so I have hand-sewn some seed beads around the btm of her t-shirt.I then folded her around a piece of white card & secured at the back.
I'm quite pleased with her,even if she is a bit smudgy,lol!!!
Hope you like her too,TFL :O)X

13 comments:

Gill said...

This looks cool, a bit 'hippy chick' in tie-dye..sometimes we learn new techniques from the unexpected!
lv Gill x

tracie said...

gorgeous card Diane, love the beads - fabulous :-)x

Suzanne said...

What a great idea and I love her beads along the bottom of her jumper. Sue :o)

Natalie said...

What a great technique Diane, she looks great, love the beads on her jumper too. x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Diane, very unusual, I like it alot. Keep up the good work. Denise x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorgeous card fab idea with the beads ,she looks so cute ,Dawnx

debby4000 said...

Love the beads on her jumper brilliant idea.

Rach said...

I wouldn't have thought of stamping onto material....brilliant idea...funky effect..love the idea of the beads as well...great work.
Hugs Rach.xx

ella bella said...

fab card great idea with the beads :)

milli said...

Gorgeus card! Love the way you have used the beads!

Sharon said...

What a great idea. I love the way this has turned out.
Sharon :-)x

Anonymous said...

How wonderful is this?! love it! so delicate :)

Marlene x

Frances said...

Oo love the beads, and she's not turned out too bad considering! (looks a tad sunburnt LOL ;p)

p.s still got 1 more pad to get ('old paper')!